Wednesday 11 January 2012

Getting Started


"When was the last time you did something for the first time ?" an ad tagline asks - good Question. Sometimes the routine takes over life so completely that days roll into each other in an indistinguishable mass & it's hard to think that anything beyond that exists. As 2012 kicks off I promised myself that I would try to move out of my comfort zone & test the boundaries. I am conscious though that my good intentions often race away leaving me eating dust in their wake to contemplate what could have been - I aim to make this time different so let's see how that goes.

I was confronted with a Q while setting this up about the subject that I want to blog about - well anything that pops into my head of-course. Fair warning though - Priya, my best friend, wife, most honest critic..., says that my head is a store house of useless information (phrase under trademark) so this could be a wild ride for those that tag along ! There's no end of interesting things out there - some of them happening to me too so it's more likely that I will run out of patience before I run out of subjects.

It's somewhat strange that there are people out there that have a better opinion of my writing abilities than I myself do (looking at you The Nikhil) so this may turn into a exercise in getting them to shut up as much as in expressing what I feel. On the other hand my father & my brother are both published authors so who knows this may even be readable after-all stranger things have happened.

So a big hello to all those that want to join this trip to see an old dog learn some new tricks !


8 comments:

  1. well all the best...I agree with Priya!! Your head sure is a storehouse :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you as voracious reader, I am sure this is going to be an interesting place to read and think about. I am a budding blogger and my experience with blogging is like going to a gym. It keeps going if it happens regularly, else we just put on the weight :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iam IN.. and looking forward... All the best Sanjeev!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice read and all the very best !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Sanjeev. This blog is sure going to be a wonderful read. Look forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your readings in MRT's, zebra crossings, food court lunches in Spore :) im sure a lot will be penned here... All the Best !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gook Luck and all the best. I confess that I am one among those with better opinion of your writing abilities than you do.

    ReplyDelete